Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Success!

Today we did a lot of dumbbell clean and jerks.  I'll refrain from explaining what those are to any of you who might not know (I suggest going to youtube or google and looking up clean and jerk, then imagine that with dumbbells).  Anyway, we were going for a 3 rep max.  When the dust settled and the smoke cleared, I had the highest weight lifted.  Jason (the trainer) suspects it might last the whole day.  He said, "I have some really strong, muscly guys, but you have better form than they do, so I suspect you will be able to hold out."  

Needless to say, I was pumped.  Especially since I have been in the middle to bottom in workout placements thus far.  I'm definitely seeing improvements already and I'm only in my second week.  I'm loving this.  As for what weight I hefted....85lb dumbbells. The highest before that was 65lbs.  One guy did 75lbs. right after me.  So, there you go.  That's 170lbs. in total dumbell weight...let you think otherwise. :)  Mind over matter guys.  Also, chiropractor over sore necks and hip flexors.  Man, did I tweak my neck on my last rep!  

3 comments:

Lana said...

You're going to be totally huge by the time this whole thing is done. You already have the muscle mass there--now you're just reviving it again. :) I like seeing you come home each morning looking like you're going to die. :) YEAH!

PHATT Devil said...

"Operation Size 72" - Molding Sexy Into It's Natural Form!

Jackson Wright said...

Who is Jason? Where are you training? I want answers! What are your overall fitness goals?