Wednesday, October 29, 2008

2 a days are in full swing

Well...with only a short while left before I whip the shirt off and intimidate everyone at the triathlon with my unfair floaty advantage (located just above each hip), I thought it best to hit the gym twice a day--once in the morn and once in the eve. This morning I wanted to run as long as I could without stopping. There really isn't any need to embarrass myself any more than necessary at this point in the game. But let all be satisfied that it was more than a mile...BARELY. Hooray! thought I. I'm still no closer to running two miles than before. Oh well.

This evening, I hit the pool. I thought I should try the 400 straight away. So, I dove in (against the rules...oops) and swam without stopping. Snap. I'm pulling a lot of stuff here. I was DEAD. So, after a brief rest I did a fifty sprint, almost yacked, then did butterfly nearly the length of the pool, almost yacked, then eased my way to a couple more laps and called it quits. I'll swim again tomorrow and run too. I'm very positive that by the time of the race I will have ZERO prob. with the swim. I'm still leery about the run, but we'll see.

As for the eating. Today I was aces. Straight up awesom. Until dinner. But even then I ate great. If I eat like this every day, I will be sveldt and saxy. I won't go as far as saying I'll be a "wild and crazy guy" but I'll keep that in my back pocket because you want to be prepared in case you are. So, things are going well. We'll keep our digits crossed that I keep it up.

1 comment:

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I hate to admit this and show my age, and fitness motivation, but I havent done 2 a days in a decade. Jeesh. More power too you! I almost wanted to Yack while reading! :) Keep it up!