Sunday, September 14, 2008

Funny thing, time.

Time is indeed a funny thing. The mistress of our complacency. One minute we're writing about jumping back on the wagon and only a short year later we are breaching the same topic--just to remind us that our minds are still "heavy" with it.

So...Here I go again (isn't that some really awesome rock song lyric...yes, yes it is. Five dollars to the first person to name the band. I digress.). My brother Eric, being the ever thinker that he is, thought up the idea that he would blog his weight loss journey. Not just weight loss, but rather his journey to total health and wellness. Has this been done before? Most assuredly. But that isn't the point. The point is, that the reason it has been done before, and the reason he is doing it (and thusly why I am joining the foray), is because oftentimes, it takes public humiliation (and support, ehem) to get things accomplished. Really it only works on people who have enough pride to not stay humiliated. Ultra competitors. That is Eric and me. We like the heat of the battle. We love to compete. So, here we go again? Yes. But this time with pictures!

I will be chronicling my journey from big, fat, loser with body odor, to svelte, nicely tanned hotty. So, please join me in my journey. I'm going to post pictures at minimum once weekly--ladies hold your breath--topless. Yes, you will get to watch me shrink and tone. I'm getting super excited just thinking about it. I can't imagine the mental pictures some of you have. Remember, I'm married already.

In all seriousness though, I would love any support and pep ups any would like to share. I have two supporters at current, so any more would be greatly appreciated. My last yearly post about the wagon jumpers is really true. I will be bucking the trend--so to speak. Like Eric's blog, here are my goals:

--Post daily my eating habbits and work out habbits.
--Write a minimum of 1 new page to my book that I've already started (another story altogether).
--10% body fat.
--Swim competitively and have times that are nationally competitve. (laugh away y'all suckas)
--Dunk a basketball (longer term goal)
--Finish my book and have it published or in the process of being published by summer 2009

Step one is lose the weight, step two is train for these events. It will happen.

Well, here we go. Let's all hold hands and make our dreams come true...as we do it our way, yes our way... Seriously, let's do it. Come with. Anyone who wants to join, has my support. Much love y'all,
Porter.

2 comments:

Porter Shumway said...

I'll totally add you to my google reader and make supportive-type comments along the way. And I'll send you grouchy comments if you don't keep up with the blogging. Bring on the fleshy photos!!!! :)

Erock! said...

Cumbia Ah Mah Lord, Cumbia! You are the man! The incredible shrinking men.